The Mine Management Division (MMD) shall undertake initial evaluation of mining and mining-related applicants, monitoring of the disposition and utilization of mineral lands and resources, and survey of mineral lands.
It shall have the following sections:
Mining Tenement Evaluation Section
- Undertakes initial evaluation of mining and mining-related applications;
- Undertakes registration nad maintains a registry of mining-related documents;
- Investigates and assist in the resolution of conflict/adverse calims/oppositions concerning mining tenements;
- Evaluates the financial and econimic components of proposed mining projects; and
- Maintains the Regional MRMS.
Monitoring and Technical Services Section
- Undertakes monitoring of the application and utilization of mineral lands and resources;
- Validates mineral reserves of mining operations;
- Undertakes mineral statistical analysis; and
- Provides technical assistance to stakeholders.
Mineral Lands and Topographic Section
- Undertakes evaluation of applications for survey order and survey returns, and survey plans in areas outside mineral reservation;
- Undertakes initial evaluation of applications for survey order and survey returns, and survey plans in areas within mineral reservations;
- Verifies mining tenement boundaries in connection with mining applications and in cases of conflict/adverse claims/ oppositions in areas outside mineral reservations;
- Assist in the evaluationof mining applications in relation to mining tenement boundaries;
- Manages the regional mining tenement control map; and
- Evaluates the deputation of geodetic Engineers.